Monday, September 21, 2009

There is something about Autumn





It seems to me that Autumn is the time when stuff gets done. Turkeys are great for that as they require less work to grow as they get older. All of our turkeys are out ranging on pasture, all of our chickens are currently outside (picture included) in the movable shelters, and the sheep (picture included) are starting to learn to drill. Things are humming along. I started to wade into fencing and build my first brace. It is not a thing of beauty, but for a city kid's first try, it works. I have been mowing the yard, cutting out a line of crappy brush that is just north of the house, and trenching electricity out to our root seller, which will be the future home of the well pressure tank. Tomorrow, I will be giving a tour to several folks from Nigeria that our church is helping to host and give them a tour of local agriculture production. I will try to have most of the yard mowed before they come, but if Sully Pluming comes to do the well pump, mowing is not going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment