Friday, August 14, 2009

The ewes are looking good



The new ewes are looking good. I am still without a camera, so these are some pictures from the folks that raised them. I look forward to getting the new sheep to meet my current flock, but it might be a few days. The new sheep are getting their first exposure to electric fence. Because of my lack of fencing, I am not sure how I will go about brining the two flocks together, but I will find a way.

I drove a long way to look at a truck. I want to move from my Ford F150 with a massive engine down to a 6 cylinder, full sized pick-up truck that can handle 6,000 pounds of trailer weight. My ford is not very comfortable and without an extended cab, I am limited in the number of folks I can travel with. Currently my truck needs a lot of work, I would just as soon spend that money on getting a truck that fits our needs more closely then this one. I have always loved the Toyota T100. I got to look at one today. It was in horrible shape on the underside, so I did not get it, but I learned that it has a big enough bed, a comfortable cab, but they are relatively rare. I will keep looking.

I have been on the road for the last couple of days and I have a number of items to catch-up on around the farm this weekend before several deliveries to Des Moines and an Iowa Network For Community Agriculture board meeting next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment