Friday, March 26, 2010

Chipping on Other Tasks

My chainsaw blade just came back today from sharpening. Couple that with some cool, wet, and windy weather and I have been taking a break from cutting trees and putting up fence. I have a lot of projects that have been languishing. The skid loader mentioned in the last post did not materialize so those projects are on hold for a few weeks until our next chance to bring the skid loader home.

I have been working on our shop and retail space. On the retail side, I have begun painting and cleaning. The last vestiges of the previous owners have come off the wall. Spots in the drywall that are damaged are getting patched and a wall of plywood is getting painted. I have been repairing the lids on two coolers that will be able to hold 32 dozen eggs each and I hope tp have them in service soon.

Wall O Tools
On the shop side of the building, I have removed several truck accessory items and actually put them on the truck.  I have a lot of hand tools.  I started farming with some, I picked-up more at auctions, and I  I inherited many tools from Grandpa. All of the tools needed to be organized, with the hand tools pulled together in one spot so I can find them when I need them. I now have a wall of hand tools and fencing items.

Cleaning the building up is a big project and it includes constructing a new overhang to cover the doorway. It is going to take some time. I am going to move back to fence building next week with the warmer weather so the building is not likely to receive much attention.

The sheep are on the last of their hay. They will run out Sunday and will be back on pasture. I have some stockpiled forage on the north hill so the sheep will be there soon. My morning chores will get more complicated with having to move fences again, but it had to happen some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment